In today’s world, looking more beautiful is significant for everyone, especially women. Lipstick has become an appealing cosmetic that enhances the beauty of women’s faces. Choosing the best lipstick color is one of the essential factors in making the final makeup result more beautiful.
When you want to choose lipstick, you may come across many different colors. But not all of them will look good on your skin tone. Some colors can make you look dull if they don’t match your skin color.
Remember that the best lipstick choices for lighter skin might not work for someone with darker or medium-toned skin, and vice versa. So just because a lipstick color looks great on you doesn’t mean it will work for everyone else!
In this article, you will learn about different types of skin tones and the best lipstick color for them. Follow us.
What are the main types of skin tones?
- Fair — This skin tone belongs to the lightest shade of skin tone and is prone to getting sunburned easily.
- Light — Theis color skin tone appears light but has warm undertones and is likely to tan in the summer.
- Medium —The skin tone is in the middle, not too light or not too dark. It typically tans when exposed to sunlight.
- Deep/dark —When exposed to sunlight, the skin appears dark and tans quickly.
To determine your natural skin tone:
- Wash your face to remove makeup or dirt.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Find natural lighting, as different lighting can affect the appearance of your skin.
- Step into sunlight or a well-lit area near a window with a small mirror and observe your jawline, as it is usually less affected by color changes than the rest of your face. This will help you identify your face color and determine your most natural tone.
What is the best lipstick color for your skin tone?
Lipstick suitable for fair skin tones
If you have fair skin, you’ll look lovely with lipstick shades like light pink, coral, peach, nude, and dark red. These colors help bring out your natural beauty and work well with your skin tone.
Lipstick color suitable for light skin tones
If you have a light skin tone, try using lipsticks in rose pink, strawberry red, and orange shades. These colors can make your natural beauty stand out!
Lipstick suitable for medium skin tone
Lipstick suitable for dark skin tones
Brown and purple lipsticks like burgundy or caramel lipsticks are the best option for women with dark skin.
some helpful tips for applying lipstick
- Test the lipstick on the fingertip, not on the back of the hand, because the color and texture of the skin of the fingertip are closer to the lips.
- Using dark lipstick can make your lips appear narrower and smaller. While lighter lipsticks make the lips full.
- Matte lipsticks make your lips appear narrower, and using glossy lipsticks can make your lips look fuller and more prominent.
- To remove the lipstick stain on clothes or carpets, apply a little glycerin on the lipstick stain and then wash it like the rest of your clothes.
- It is better to use a lip pencil to reveal the shape of the lips.
- If you feel that the lipstick looks lighter than you wanted, darken your lips with a lip pencil before applying the lipstick.
- To prevent the lipstick from spreading around your lips, apply concealer around your lips with a makeup brush.
- If you want to use matte lipstick, use a lip conditioner first. Because matte lipsticks on dry lips become patchy and sticky and look bad.
- Store lipstick in the refrigerator to make the lipstick last longer.